Friday, November 27, 2009

shoes and thangs

I was just surfin the web(specifically, barneys.com) and found some note worthy items.



SHOES

Prada- these look super comfortable, and im really liking the suede. Its nice to see an alternative version of heels opposed to the the over the knee hunting boots seen in the Fall 09 collection. I can see how the platform of this shoe is inspired by that idea though. 


Yves Saint Laurent-I love how the platform is smaller than the actual shoe itself, it kindof adds an architectural element to the shoe. gahh to me shoes are so much like sculptures rather than a mere "covering for the foot". yehh corny i know


Proenza Schouler- so i was looking at this shoe and was diggin it, and then i realized it looks like a high heeled bowling shoe, and busted out laughing. i guess you could say that ruined the idea of this shoe for me. 


PURSES


Givenchy-i love the leather its made of. i have no idea what it is, and have never seen leather like that before, but it is beautiful. it reminds me of granite almost. 


Lanvin-darling, its just darling.


-lindy


No comments:

Post a Comment